Passport services are available by appointment only.
If your passport is lost or stolen, you must:
- Apply in person and
provide evidence of your citizenship and identity. Examples of
acceptable proof of identity or citizenship include:
- An original, expired U.S. Passport.
- An original U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
- An original U.S. driver's license (proof of identity only)
- An original U.S. birth certificate (proof of citizenship only)
- A consular officer may consider any other evidence of citizenship or identity that you provide, but can issue a new passport only if convinced of your identity and U.S. citizenship.
- Provide a Form DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport and a certificate of passport loss filed with the Royal Oman Police’s Criminal Investigation Department (CID) for Lost Foreign Passports. If you are a minor, you should come to the embassy with your parents or legal guardians. Your parents or legal guardians must bring their passports. If your parents or legal guardians cannot accompany you, then the person in loco parentis must present his/her passport and a notarized statement from your parents or legal guardians authorizing him/her to make the application.
- Bring two (2) identical photographs taken within the last six months. The photographs must be clear, front view, full-face, taken in normal street attire without a hat or dark glasses, and printed on thin paper with a plain light (white or off-white) background. The photos may be in color or black and white. Digitized photos must meet the previously stated qualifications and will be accepted for use at the discretion of Passport Services.
- Properly completed Form DS-11 (in blue or black ink only).
- Proper fees (PDF 146KB), payable in cash or by credit card, in U.S. dollars or the Omani rial equivalent.
Note: If you schedule an appointment for passport services, please remember to bring two forms of identification. The guards will need to keep one form of identification while you are in the building.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.