Guards Supervisor, FSN-7*, FP-7** or FSN-6(T)/FP-8(T)***
DATE: Wednesday, February 15, 2012
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Guards Supervisor, FSN-7*, FP-7** or FSN-6(T)/FP-8(T)***
OPENING DATE: Wednesday, February 15, 2012
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, February 29, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full Time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: *Ordinarily Resident (OR): OMR 9,967.000 p.a. (Starting salary)
** Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): USD 39,994 p.a. (Starting salary)
*** A selected applicant who has at least 6 months but less than one year of supervisory experience will be placed one grade lower at the “training” level. (The starting salary for a FSN-6(T) for Ordinarily Residents is OMR 8402.000 p.a. The starting salary for a FP-8(T) for Not-Ordinarily Residents is USD 35,753 p.a.)
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS who have submitted the application form (DS-174) WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. ____________________________________________________________________
The U.S. Embassy in Muscat is seeking an individual for the position of Guards Supervisor in the Regional Security Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Supervises a guard force assigned to meet and deal effectively with all security related problems concerning the safety and well being of U.S. Government personnel and property. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Education: Completion of elementary school is required.
Experience: Must have five years experience in military, police, private or government security directly related to guard duties. One of the five years should be in a supervisory/managerial or equivalent function. A selected applicant who has at least 6 months but less than one year of supervisory/managerial experience will be placed one grade lower at the “trainee” level (i.e., FSN-6(T)/FP-8(T)).
Language Proficiency: Level III (good working knowledge) of English and native fluency (level IV) of Arabic.
Knowledge: Must have strong working knowledge of embassy security requirements and event security planning and management. Also required is knowledge of host nation security requirements as they are applied among various police agencies, ministries and armed forces.
Skills and Abilities: Must hold a valid driver’s license. Must have computer word processing and spread sheet working knowledge. Must be physically fit and able to perform all facets of guard responsibilities. Must be able to deal effectively with the general public and members of the Omani government.
When equally qualified, U.S. citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs), Members of Household (MOHs), and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174);
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the United States of America
Attention: Human Resources Officer
POINT OF CONTACT:
Madinat Al Sultan Qaboos,
Muscat Sultanate of Oman
*NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY AND HAVE OR BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, February 29, 2012
The U.S. Mission in Muscat provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.