DATE: Tuesday, January 15, 2013
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
OPENING DATE: Tuesday, January 15, 2013
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
WORK HOURS: Full Time, 40 hours /week
SALARY: *Ordinarily Resident (OR): OMR 6,961 p.a. (Starting salary)
**Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): USD 31,963 p.a. (Starting salary)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS who have submitted the application form (DS-174) WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
The U.S. Embassy in Muscat is seeking individuals for the position of Close Protection Officer in the Regional Security Office (RSO). Multiple positions are available. The US Embassy encourages applications from both males and females, as it does for all its positions.
Close Protection Officers are responsible for the physical security of high-level Embassy officials when traveling outside the Embassy. They are responsible for maintaining situational awareness, conducting counter-surveillance, and reporting any security or surveillance incidents. They may also be required to drive fully armored vehicles.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Embassy’s Human Resources Office.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
When equally qualified, U.S. citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs), Members of Household (MOHs), and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174);
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Embassy of the
Attention: Human Resources Officer
Madinat Al Sultan Qaboos, Muscat Sultanate of Oman
POINT OF CONTACT:
*NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY AND HAVE OR BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
The U.S. Mission in Muscat provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
2. U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM): For purposes of receiving a preference in hiring for a qualified position, an EFM who meets the following criteria:
3. Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM): EFM (see above) eligible for a Family Member Appointment for purposes of Mission employment:
4. Member of Household (MOH): An individual who accompanies a direct-hire Foreign, Civil, or uniformed service member permanently assigned or stationed at a U.S. Foreign Service post or establishment abroad, or at an office of the American Institute in Taiwan. An MOH is:
A MOH is under COM authority and may include a parent, unmarried partner, other relative or adult child who falls outside the Department’s current legal and statutory definition of family member. A MOH does not have to be a U.S. Citizen.
5. Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) – An individual who:
NOR employees are compensated under a GS or FS salary schedule, not under the LCP.
6. Ordinarily Resident (OR) – A Foreign National or U.S. citizen who:
EFMs without U.S. Social Security Numbers are also OR. All OR employees, including U.S. citizens, are compensated in accordance with the Local Compensation Plan (LCP).