The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program
Application Deadline: January 1, 2013
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program awards grants to Omani scholars to conduct research, lecture or to pursue combined lecturing and research in the United States.
Most grants are awarded for a period of 3-10 months. Grants should not be for periods of less than 3 months or more than 10 months.
One of the most important components of the Fulbright Scholar Program is a formal affiliation at an American university or research institution. In many cases, applicants are in contact with colleagues at U.S. institutions and have made preliminary plans for their own placements by securing a letter of invitation from the prospective host institution.
Eligibility requirements for applicants:
- Omani citizenship
- Doctoral degree or equivalent professional training or experience at the time of application
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research or lecturing at a U.S. institution
- Proficiency in English appropriate to the proposed lecturing or research project to be carried out in the United States
A Complete application must include:
- Online application form
- Passport copy
- Detailed project statement (3-5 pages typed)
- Detailed Curriculum vitae
- Three reference letters
- Letters of invitation from the U.S. institutions
Each scholar is required to submit an online application, which can be accessed at:
The Embark help site for applicants is http://embarksupport.zendesk.com/portal.
For more information, please contact:
Public Affairs Section