Doing Business in the USA
SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit
Event: SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit
Venue: Marriot Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C.
Date: October 31st - November 1, 2013
Registration Fee: $395.00 USD
Registration Deadline: Friday, October, 18, 2013
Learn more/register: http://www.selectusasummit.com/
The SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit is a first-of-its-kind, national-level engagement intended to connect businesses and investors from around the world with U.S. economic development organizations at the state, regional, and local levels. The SelectUSA 2013 Investment Summit is being hosted by the U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration, and SelectUSA, as part of a U.S. government-wide initiative to promote and facilitate investment in the United States. The Summit will bring together top-level corporate executives and investors from the U.S. and around the world, economic development organizations (EDOs) and representatives from across the country, senior White House and Administration officials, subject matter experts and service providers.
Who Should Attend
- International and domestic businesses and investors
- U.S. economic development professionals
- Representatives from U.S. state and local governments
- Advisors, specialists and companies serving economic developers
Why You Should Attend
By attending the Summit, you will be able to connect with foreign and domestic investors, senior Administration and U.S. government officials, and state and local officials. In addition, you will learn how to more effectively identify, target, and execute your investment strategy. Attendees will also have access to:
- Unique networking opportunities and one-on-one meetings
- Moderated panels on the latest investment trends and sector analysis
- Break-out sessions about investment opportunities and programs
- Information about investment-related resources in the United States
- Exhibits from U.S. state and local (including regions and cities) EDOs
- U.S. government investment resource center with direct access to regulatory, policy and investment experts
Who Will be There
- Economic Development Organizations in 46 U.S. states and territories, with more than 70 countries represented
- Keynote speakers from the President’s Administration, including U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Jack Lew, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker, and U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman
- CEO’s and representatives from BMW of North America, WalMart U.S., Bloomberg, Siemens, Dow Chemical, Sasol, Caterpillar, Tsuchiya North America, Blackrock, and many more.
To pre-register or for more information, please visit www.selectusasummit.com or call 202-482-4078. Opportunities to sponsor and/or exhibit at the Summit are available.
On this page, you will find a quick description of resources available for companies in Oman considering investments in the United States and some suggestions for getting started.
Investing in the USA
President Obama announced the SelectUSA initiative to showcase the United States as the world’s premier business location and to provide easy access to federal-level programs and services related to business investment. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our fifty states, the primary drivers of economic development in the United States.
We offer a wide range of resource information on U.S. export products, new technologies, and trade-related programs and events.
- Visit the SelectUSA.gov website to obtain general information about investing in the United States. SelectUSA seeks to highlight the many advantages the United States offers as a location for business and investment. From a vast domestic market, to a transparent legal system, to the most innovative companies in the world, the United States is the place for business. On the website you can browse business incentives offered by different states and territories. You can also view a small presentation on Invest in USA (PDF 2.26MB).
- Contact us at the U.S. Embassy to discuss your interests and needs. Visit our section Our Services (PDF 136KB) to view our offerings.
- View our Publications Sections to view the latest quarterly Trade Bulletin and Commercial News USA.
For detailed information regarding business visas, please visit http://travel.state.gov/visa/.
Embassy: Phone: +968 2464-3400
Embassy: Fax: +968 2469-6928
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.