Direct Line: Opportunities for U.S. Companies in Oman - Oil & Gas and Beyond
On September 16 2015, representatives from national investment promotion entities Oman Investment Fund and Ithraa, along with GlassPoint, an American service provider to the oil and gas industry joined the U.S. Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission on a one hour-long chat with private-sector and Government participants who connected to the webinar in the United States. The Direct Line-Webinar call outlined the business update on the oil and gas sector in Oman, informed participants about the evolving opportunities within the country, which has commissioned the Middle East’s first and largest solar enhanced oil recovery (EOR) project. The Direct Line program provides a unique opportunity for American businesses, particularly small- and medium-sized enterprises, to engage directly via teleconference with companies overseas.
To view the speaker presentations:
Direct Line: Opportunities for U.S. Companies in Oman’s New Railway
Oman Rail has the mandate to develop the rail network as a major step in Oman's journey to become a key logistics hub for the region. The rail network is being built in conjunction with other GCC member countries to connect rail services within the Gulf countries. The 2135km rail network - the country’s first - is connecting major Oman Ports of Sohar, Duqm and Salalah, to the GCC and consequently the wider region.
On May 13 2015, representatives from Oman Rail joined the U.S. Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission on a two hour-long chat with private-sector and Government participants who connected to the webinar in the United States. View Rail Opportunities in Oman - An Overview for the presentation.
Exhibitions and trade fairs in the Sultanate of Oman
Oman International Exhibition Centre (OIEC) is the sole state owned organization that is equipped to hold large-scale exhibitions and trade fairs in the Sultanate of Oman. A preliminary list of events for 2015 scheduled to be held at OIEC is available on their website Oman Exhibitions. We have outlined few of the key events below:
- Drainage Rehabilitation & Wastewater Management: 7 - 8 September 2015
- Oman Health - Exhibition & Conference: 7 - 9 September 2015.
- Food and Hospitality Oman: 7 – 9 September 2015.
- Oman Office Show: 14 - 16 September 2015.
- Port Security and Coastal Surveillance Oman: 18 - 19 October 2015
- Middle East Health & Safety Conference & Expo: 25 - 27 October 2015.
- Infra Oman: 5-7 October 2015.
- EduTraC Oman: 12 - 14 October 2015.
- Oman Minerals & Mining Exhibition & Conference: 1-3 December 2015.
- The Home Show: 7 - 9 December 2015.
- MTEX Oman: 7 - 9 December 2015.
- IDF Oman: 15 - 17 February 2016.
- The Oil and Gas Exhibition conference OGWA: March 21-23, 2016.
- The Big Show Oman: 28 – 31 March 2016.
- International Medical Tourism & Healthcare Exhibition & Conference (IMTEC): 28-30 March 2016.
- Global Higher Education Exhibition (GHEDEX): 18 – 20 April 2016.
- COMEX: 26 – 28 April 2016.
- Oman Franchise Expo & Conference OFEC: May 9-11, 2016.
- International Travel and Hospitality Show (ITHS): 5-7 September 2016.
Exhibitions and trade fairs in the United Arab Emirates
Upcoming trade events in the UAE:
- Power-Gen Middle East and Water World Middle East: 4 – 6 October 2015.
U.S. Trade Events
Through our International Buyer Program, we take you to major U.S. industry trade shows to meet pre-screened U.S. suppliers. From travel logistics to scheduled introductions and on-site business counseling, we strive to help you optimize your trade show experience.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.